We welcome you to submit your abstract for the FENS Forum 2020. Abstracts will be designated for poster presentations.
Abstract submission will open on 1 December 2019.
For questions regarding the online submission process, please send an email to the FENS Forum 2020 secretariat at email@example.com.
- Only accepted abstracts of fully registered and paid presenters will be included in the final scientific programme. The presenting author is expected to attend the Forum and present his/her poster presentation.
- Presenters are requested to settle their registration payment by 01 May 2020, 23:59 hours HAST.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the FENS Forum 2020 abstract website following the completion of the registration process.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Confirmation of submission: After you submit your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email containing the title of your abstract. You can re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline date. If you do not receive this confirmation e-mail, please contact the FENS Forum 2020 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive a copy of your abstract in the confirmation email, so please save your abstract accordingly for your records.
- Submissions are welcome in all topics related to neuroscience.
- Presentation format: Authors can submit abstracts for poster presentation only.
- Abstract title: The title should not exceed 25 words.
- Body text: limited to 250 words (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract). We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended. Please be sure not to include extra spaces and symbols, as these are included in the word count.
- Abstracts should clearly state: Aims, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. To avoid problems during submission, please select special characters behind the ‘symbols’ button or write them fully (e.g. ALPHA)
- Graphs and imagesmay be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table, it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract. Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added.
- You will be asked to confirm that you will disclose any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Forum.
- Please click “Save abstract” located at the bottom of the ‘Overview’ page after completing the form. This feature allows you to revise your abstract up until the abstract submission deadline: 3 February 2020, 23:59 hours HAST.
After 3 February 2020, 23:59 hours HAST, the abstracts will automatically be submitted to the FENS Forum 2020 abstracts database and no further changes will be possible.
- Abstract acceptance notifications will be sent in April 2020.
- Poster scheduling will be sent in May 2020.
The abstract submission system allows a group of authors to create a grouping code and link posters in a group. To group a series of linked abstracts, please use the “Poster Grouping Code” section in the abstract submission system to create a new grouping code (one code per group of linked abstracts) or join an existing group of posters. Please note the following:
- All abstracts in a group must be allocated to the same theme and topic. Please note that if these fields are marked differently, your abstract will be scheduled apart from the group.
- Inform your colleagues about the Poster Grouping Code that they have to use to link to your group.
- The Program Committee will consider your abstract grouping request during the session scheduling process. However, this request is not guaranteed, and the committee reserves the right to move abstracts to different sessions, re-order the abstracts within each session, and add other appropriate abstracts to any session.
- By submitting an abstract, the submitting first-author confirms that all information of the abstract is correct and has been approved by the co-authors.
- Submitted abstracts cannot be modified or corrected after the submission deadline and will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes the authors consent for publication (e.g. Forum 2020 website, programme, other promotions)
- The submitting author warrants on behalf of all authors and institutions that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to FENS Forum 2020 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organiser”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- By submitting an abstract, you grant the Organiser a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- By submitting an abstract, you confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- The Organiser reserves the right to remove any abstract that does not comply with the above.