FENS would like to ensure the possibility for all of its members to attend the FENS 2020 Virtual Forum by implementing additional grants intended for early career scientists impacted by the current crisis.
FENS is offering grants and vouchers of 75 EUR each to support the attendance of its members to the Virtual Forum scheduled for 11-15 July 2020. All FENS members that have been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis are invited to apply, but priority will be given to early career scientists. Grants are intended for participants already registered for the Forum, while vouchers will be offered to those who have not yet registered.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Applicant is a FENS member who has either registered or is planning to register for the Virtual Forum 2020
• If the applicant is a PhD student or post doctoral fellow they will present a poster at the Forum
• Applicant has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 crisis and has not yet received any other grant or financial assistance
This is not a grant awarded on the basis of academic qualifications. As there are a limited number of grants and vouchers available, FENS counts on the support of our community in allowing those who would otherwise not be able to attend the Virtual Forum a chance to do so. Please do not apply unless you meet the above criteria.
Please have the following ready for your application:
• Your personal and contact details
• A short motivational statement
• Your FENS society affiliation and FENS membership ID number
All applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application. If you are already registered for the Forum and are selected for a grant, this will be paid in the form of a reimbursement on your registration. If you have not yet registered for the Forum, you will receive special instructions from FENS on how to register with a voucher if you are selected.
Deadline for submission of applications: 12 May 2020 at 11:59 pm CEST.