FENS and IBRO/PERC are jointly offering 200 travel grants (750 Euro each) for students and young investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2020.
Online applications can be submitted until the early registration deadline – 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST). Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
The FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2020.
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2020
- You have submitted an abstract as first author
- You have at least one PubMed registered publication
- You are able to receive support from your current supervisor/PI
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place
- You have received a FENS IBRO/PERC travel grant for the previous Forum 2018 (list of recipients)
As soon as you have completed your application, an email will be sent to the person that you designated to support your application (supervisor or department head). This person will be asked to submit his/her support for your application electronically (no letter of recommendation required). Please make sure that you have received his/her consent beforehand, that the email address is correct and that you apply early enough to leave time for this person to submit his/her agreement electronically before the deadline on 20 February 2020 (midnight HAST).
- Deadline for submission: 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Deadline for supervisor’s support: 20 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Announcement of travel grant recipients: mid-March 2020
Please note that when applying for a FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grant, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in British laboratories. Please see the YITP page for more information.