A number of travel grants to attend the FENS Forum 2020 will be offered by several FENS member societies and by the Society for Neuroscience.
Each society will have different eligibility criteria and deadlines for application.
Please note that only one travel grant per individual will be awarded.
Partner and Society Grants
A number of travel grants to attend the FENS Forum 2020 are offered by FENS member societies and partners. Please check the links below for the details, as each organisation has different eligibility criteria and deadlines for application.
Travel grant amount: 500 Euro
- Doctoral students and young postdocs
- The age limit at time of application is 35 years
- Participation with an own contribution as first author is mandatory
- GNS membership is mandatory
Application deadline: 3 February 2020 (midnight CET)
The French Neuroscience Society offers 20 travel grants of 500 Euro to its student members to attend the FENS Forum.
Applicants should be:
- Student member of the French Neuroscience Society
- First author of an abstract presented at the FENS Forum
- Working in a French laboratory
- In their last year of research doctorate
Application deadline: 3 February 2020
The LNA has a stipend fund that can be used for attendance to the Forum.
Travel grant amount: 1000 Euro/year
- LNA membership for at least two years
- Early stage of career
- Repeated application only after minimum two years
Application procedures: every quarter, the applicant has to provide an application with two recommendations.
The European Society for Neurochemistry (ESN) offers 3 travel grants to young ESN members for participation in the FENS Forum and ESN Mini-Conference.
Eligibility for application for ESN support:
– Current ESN membership
– Students, Ph.D. students and young postdocs, being younger than 36 years.
– The applicant will participate with their own contribution, being the first author
The financial support amounts to 500 Euro.
Applications should be sent electronically to the ESN Secretary Prof Illana Gozes at firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must contain the following documents:
– Application letter (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
– A short CV (max. 2 pages)
– For PhD students, confirmation of their PhD studentship from the University or Host Institution
– List of publications
– Copy of the abstract (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
– One letter of recommendation (one page)
Application deadline: 15 January 2020.
Applicants will be informed about the results of their application by 31 January 2020.
The BSN society will offer 6 travel grants of 500 Euro to their members. Full details are available on their website.
The Polish Neuroscience Society is offering 6 travel grants for young scientists for the attendance of 12th FENS Forum in Glasgow on 11-15 July 2020. Details necessary to apply for the grant are provided in the link above.
Companies and Organisations
4 x 500 Euro Travel Grants
In association with the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS), Proteintech is proud to support researchers by offering 4 x €500 travel grants to attend the 2020 FENS Forum meeting in Glasgow, UK.
Entry Deadline: 31st January 2020
For more information and to apply, please click here
The Japan Neuroscience Society (JNS) and FENS support under the FENS-JNS agreement to facilitate science exchange among their members travel and/or accommodation costs associated with participation in respective JNS or FENS Meetings, or FENS supported Cajal training courses. These stipends up to a maximum of 4,000 Euro (1,000 Euro per person or 2,000 Euro per person) cover the actual travel expenses (economy flight only) and expenses linked to accommodation during the annual or biennial meetings, or the training period. This program is designed to help researchers broaden their research perspective and to encourage their research and social interaction. JNS helps and supports undergraduate or graduate students, working towards a master or PhD degree, or early phase postdocs (less than three years after PhD graduation at the time of the application deadline) to join the FENS biennial meetings in the even years, or the FENS-supported Cajal training programs in odd years.
Application deadline:8 January 2020
Find out more: https://www.jnss.org/191021-02/