FENS and IBRO/PERC are jointly offering 200 travel grants (750 Euro each) for students and young investigators to attend the FENS Forum 2020.
Online applications can be submitted until the early registration deadline – 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST). Note that the deadline for travel grant applications will be strictly applied and will not be postponed.
The FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants will be paid by bank transfer after the winner has presented themselves personally at the FENS booth during the FENS Forum 2020.
Click here to register for the FENS Forum 2020 and/or to apply for a FENS IBRO/PERC travel grant.
Eligibility Criteria for the FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grants
- You are a PhD student or a postdoctoral fellow
- You have registered for the FENS Forum 2020
- You have submitted an abstract as first author
- You have at least one PubMed registered publication
- You are able to receive support from your current supervisor/PI
You are not eligible to apply if:
- You reside in the country where the Forum is taking place
- You have received a FENS IBRO/PERC travel grant for the previous Forum 2018 (list of recipients)
As soon as you have completed your application, an email will be sent to the person that you designated to support your application (supervisor or department head). This person will be asked to submit his/her support for your application electronically (no letter of recommendation required). Please make sure that you have received his/her consent beforehand, that the email address is correct and that you apply early enough to leave time for this person to submit his/her agreement electronically before the deadline on 20 February 2020 (midnight HAST).
- Deadline for submission: 18 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Deadline for supervisor’s support: 20 February 2020 (midnight HAST)
- Announcement of travel grant recipients: April 2020
Please note that when applying for a FENS – IBRO/PERC Travel Grant, you can also apply for the Young Investigator Training Programme. YITP is a summer research stay programme taking place in British laboratories. Please see the YITP page for more information.
PARTNER AND SOCIETY GRANTS
A number of travel grants to attend the FENS Forum 2020 are offered by FENS member societies and partners. Please check the links below for the details, as each organisation has different eligibility criteria and deadlines for application.
Travel grant amount: 500 Euro
- Doctoral students and young postdocs
- The age limit at time of application is 35 years
- Participation with an own contribution as first author is mandatory
- GNS membership is mandatory
Application deadline: 3 February 2020 (midnight CET)
The French Neuroscience Society offers 20 travel grants of 500 Euro to its student members to attend the FENS Forum.
Applicants should be:
- Student member of the French Neuroscience Society
- First author of an abstract presented at the FENS Forum
- Working in a French laboratory
- In their last year of research doctorate
Application deadline: 3 February 2020
Lithuanian Neuroscience Association
The LNA has a stipend fund that can be used for attendance to the Forum.
Travel grant amount: 1000 Euro/year
- LNA membership for at least two years
- Early stage of career
- Repeated application only after minimum two years
Application procedures: every quarter, the applicant has to provide an application with two recommendations.
International Behavioural And Neural Genetics Society
IBANGS has established a travel award of $500 to assist trainees.
Application deadline: 31 January 2020
European Society for Neurochemistry
The European Society for Neurochemistry (ESN) offers 3 travel grants to young ESN members for participation in the FENS Forum and ESN Mini-Conference.
Eligibility for application for ESN support:
– Current ESN membership
– Students, Ph.D. students and young postdocs, being younger than 36 years.
– The applicant will participate with their own contribution, being the first author
The financial support amounts to 500 Euro.
Applications should be sent electronically to the ESN Secretary Prof Illana Gozes at email@example.com
The application must contain the following documents:
– Application letter (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
– A short CV (max. 2 pages)
– For PhD students, confirmation of their PhD studentship from the University or Host Institution
– List of publications
– Copy of the abstract (max. 3000 characters including spaces)
– One letter of recommendation (one page)
Application deadline: 15 January 2020.
Applicants will be informed about the results of their application by 31 January 2020.
Belgian Society for Neuroscience
The BSN society will offer 6 travel grants of 500 Euro to their members. Full details are available on their website.